Friday, March 19, 2004

GDC Next Week

The Game Developer’s Conference is next week, and I plan to attend. I have this dream of blogging my experiences there, but, knowing how hectic the conference is, I might have to just settle for an overview afterwards. In the meantime, I found an old overview that I wrote a few years ago when I went to GDC 2001. It was my second GDC, and I convinced my wife that we should load up the credit card so that I could attend, since LucasArts wouldn’t pay for a junior Level Designer to go.

It’s an interesting read. There are some predictions in there that haven’t come true, some opinions I’ve changed. When you’re in your late thirties, it always comes as a surprise when you find out that you were both more mature and more immature only such a short time ago. Of course, this was written pre-September 11th. A lot about everything has changed since then.

So, enjoy! Maybe my dreams will come true, and you’ll be reading a blow-by-blow from the floors of GDC next week. More likely, expect a deafening silence.

You can find the overview here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home