Monday, March 05, 2007

GDC 2007

Arise, ye dead blog! Arise!

Ok, so the Amazon thing didn't work out so well. I am a poor excuse for a blogger.

I'm only going to GDC for the last three days this year, and then I'm going to Disneyland! So my GDC 2007 report probably won't be updated extremely soon, but it will be here! I promise!

In other news, since I last posted, I helped ship "Justice League Heroes" to varying reviews. It's a decent little game, especially if you like the Justice League. We did a daring thing, and shipped head-to-head against Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. They had more features, so we got our butts kicked. Drat. However, I'd encourage all of my 3 readers to buy JLH, and play it with a friend. It's tons better as a co-op game.

This GDC, I'll be presenting a beta whitepaper on crediting standards for the game industry. Not a hugely exciting topic, but one held near and dear to the hearts of game developers. If you want, you can go find the whitepaper here.

We've already generated some buzz, so this is probably the most visibility this project has seen as of yet. Kinda scary.

I've been playing with Google Sketchup lately. It's really smooth and fun to work with. It's fairly useless in terms of game development, unless you also have the professional version (costs about $500.00) and then also have a version of 3DS Studio Max ( $3500.00) so you can export your work into a game. However, using it for creating nice looking 3D spaces for use in game design docs, it's top of the heap. You can download your own free version of sketchup here.

My apologies for being a crappy blogger. Thanks for checking in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home