Monday, October 22, 2007

Best Comic last week

Man, these things keep coming later and later.

Often, I'll read my books and then wait a day or so to figure out which ones I remember well, and which I have forgotten. This week, the titles I bought weren't all that memorable. I remember thinking Countdown was doing better this week, and that Jimmy Olsen was acting a bit more like Jimmy Olsen and not like a.. well, I dunno how to describe it without insulting all the Jimmy Olsen fans out there. Hi Fred!

The Death of the New Gods was fairly forgettable. I remember it now because they killed Big Barda in it, and that was sad. Yet another JLI wife gone.

The Umbrella Academy wasn't as good as the first issue. There was a lot of plot development in there, and I had hoped we would see more time spent looking at how the team worked in its prime before we really concentrated on the character dynamics years after they've broken up.

So, the winner this week was The Brave and the Bold! Mark Waid doesn't do Power Girl any kind of service by characterizing her in the way that he did, but once again I like how he digs up all sorts of Silver Age goodness with his stories. Oh, and we find out Power Girl is immune to at least Red Kryptonite, probably making her the most powerful Kryptonian in the universe. That is, if she is on Superman's power level, which she should be, I think.



Hopefully, this late thing doesn't downgrade into a "not doing it" thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home