Friday, September 19, 2008

Faith in Comics restored

All-Star Superman #12 came out this week. I have to say this is the best thing Morrison has ever put out. Well, in my opinion, anyway. And I'm a big Morrison fan.

All-Star Superman really dug down to the core of what makes Superman the ideal hero. He comes off a little too Christ-like, maybe, but the humanity that Morrison embeds in the character is so resonant, that, well, I can't really say how good this is, completely. Really, someone's going to have to work extra hard to do something even equaling this in the future. I hope they try.

Other really good stuff came out this week, too. The new Rann Thanagar Holy War was great, the new Guardians of the Galaxy got back on its feet and got good again. I bought the newest Invincible Iron Man and that was really good, too. All in all, a stellar comics week. Awesome.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

Woot!

Glad to hear all is not lost in the Great Wet North.

See ya!

Saturday, September 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home