Thursday, April 05, 2007

Links and stuff

GDC 2007 was, by a lot of people's estimation, the best one in a long time. Unfortunately, I must have chosen all the wrong lectures and roundtables, because I didn't get too much out of them this year. I'll see if I can gather something together for you guys in the coming weeks (I am soo lame).

Right after GDC, I went to Disneyland! Disneyland is a great place to go if you want to learn about game design, specifically about designing experiences. Number one lesson of Disneyland? Make your load times fun.

Then, this past weekend, I went to the Emerald City Comicon, and got reminded that no one will ever hire me as a comic book writer until I've actually gone out and written one. Dammit. I bought a couple graphic novels: Godland and Noble Causes. Godland isn't for me. Noble Causes is pretty darn good, but not as good as the hype I've been reading. Nevertheless, I'm continuing buying the trades for that one.

I might do more comic-based posts in the future. Since JLH, I've resurrected my old passion for them.

And now the link!

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/04/070404162321.htm

Supposedly, Culture is Key to Interpreting Facial Emotions. Imagine my surprise. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home