Monday, April 07, 2008

Best Comic

Better late than never. This week's list:

Atom #22: Once again, the Atom of Gail Simone is gone, replaced by this somewhat humorless pulp hero. It's time for the realities of being a hero to come out and smack him upside the head and simultaneously take away the light-hearted guy I liked quite a bit previously.

Brit #5: I love the art of Brit, and the guy with half a Grendel mask is pretty funny, but the plot has become too convoluted to follow, and we don't get to see Brit being cool, which is really what reading Brit is all about, isn't it?

Countdown #4: Oh, look! We've corrupted Mary Marvel! Again! Aren't we so clever?

One of the worst Countdown issues yet.

Secret Invasion #1: I wasn't sure if I would like this, but I got it because, basically, everyone would be talking about it and I wanted to be in on the ground floor. I'm so shallow, you could call me "Puddle".

I'm not too fond of the "everyone looks like Deadman" art style, but I have to say the story is intriguing in its sheer volume of possibilities. Who are the heroes that come off the ship? Are they all Skrull, all real, or a mix? It looks like I'm stuck getting these suckers. Goodbye $40.00.

Trials of Shazam #12: It is a great coincidence that my pick of the week is the last in the list, alphabetically. While the new, longhaired Captain Marvel isn't something I'm terrifically fond of, this entire maxiseries has had incredible art. The story was handled pretty well and the characters were well handled. Congrats to the Trials of Shazam team for coming up with one of the best series of the year!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home