Monday, September 10, 2007

From the "wtf" department


So recently, DC comics has been running ads from Ballpark Franks focusing on their "Three Armed Hunger" campaign.
I've been wanting to do a post about this, because, frankly (ha!), the whole thing is extremely phallic. Yes, the arm comes from the stomach, but, honestly, the only models they use are guys and... well, I just don't want to think about it much deeper than that.
But I will, if only to serve my audience's need for blog content!
Ok, so, you have a hot dog, sometimes called a "wiener". You have this extremely muscular, testosterone charged arm erupting from a man's midriff, which then feeds the wiener to the man in question. It boggles my mind how ballpark would think that this act of autofellatio (I had to look that one up. Thank God I didn't image search it) would make their hot dogs seem more, uh, appetizing.
Then, you have DC comics letting these guy pay for 6 page inserts in every comic they put out. I guess the money was right or something, but, man, every time I see this stuff, all I can think is "EWWW! GROSS!".
Anyway, for more information on this subject, you can read this blog post by the artist who did the above image. He has a different take on things.
Also, I found that this advertising campaign has its own MySpace page where you can view the commercial. It's reminiscent of that one scene in The Toxic Avenger, by Troma films. You know the one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home