Friday, May 02, 2008

Best Comic

Here's the list:

Avengers: The Initiative #12: Was this the last issue? It was a wrap-up issue where we realized how little we had come to care about these characters. There was a lot of promise there, but with the frequent bloody deaths and huge assortment of characters, what little character development there was faded from my mind before this issue.

Blue Beetle #26: A great, but short, issue that was mostly in Spanish (though there was a translation at the end). Another issue where the character development completely eclipsed the action, even though the action took most of the issue.

DC Universe #0: If I had known this was an advertisement issue, I wouldn't have bought it.

Immortal Iron Fist #14: The culmination of an arc that I didn't read, it was, nevertheless, not too bad. Not too fond of the art, though.

JSA Classified #37: A decent Wildcat adventure. Not too much else.

Noble Causes #33: Like the previous issue, I'm not sure if I care too much for the Noble Family any more. I think I'll have to drop this.

The New Avengers #40: A neat issue showing the evolving Skrull plan from the Skrull Empire's side with a neat reveal at the end. A good trick, making the new skrull empress/high priestess into a sympathetic character. I was also impressed with how sympathetic the skrull emperor was when he said "That Mud-Walker turned one of my family into a cow." (although blowing the head off a clone of Reed Richards was a little gross.)

The Order #10: The last of the Order, which is sad, because I really liked this book. It ended fairly well, though two of the characters died. The saddest part was that the end turned the whole series into a prologue for the big Ezekiel Stane villain who will plague Stark in the new Iron Man issues.

It was a hard choice between Blog favorite Blue Beetle and The New Avengers skrull issue. So I tossed a coin. Here's the result:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home