Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Old Man Logan

Old Man Logan:

For those who haven't read this past issue, it shows that Wolverine has become a pacifist because, when the villains took over, Mysterio fooled Wolverine into thinking that the XMen were actually villains instead of themselves. Wolverine, completely fooled, takes them all out.

This is like a big icicle in my head and it's caused my big, fat comic geek that lives inside my head to rebel and force me to print my outrage on this blog. I mean, how many times has that scenario happened? How many times has Mastermind or Emma Frost or Xavier's sister or whatsisname that was a blend of Xavier and Magneto come around and done the exact same thing. Each time, we are shown that Wolverine is always too smart to be fooled for long. He doesn't just use his enhanced senses, his mastery of combat gives him the ability to recognize people by fighting style alone. What was the quote in that old issue of Wolverine? When Forge monitors Wolverine's vitals during a Danger Room training session, he calls Logan's physical and mental state "equivalent of an Olympic-level gymnast performing a gold medal routine while simultaneously beating four chess computers in his head." ("Wolverine vol. 1 #51", Marvel Comics)

Oh, what a sad comic book geek I've become to spout this inane fanboyishness on the internet.

The writer should have come up with something more sublime and less cliche, is all I'm saying...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home