Sunday, June 22, 2008

Best Comic

Wow! I have 2.5 weeks of comics to go through.

Here's the list:

Booster Gold #10: Is Blue Beetle dead again? Did it have to be an homage to Wrath of Kahn?

Fantastic Four Secret Invasion #2: A great issue if you wanted to be brought up to speed on Johnny Storm's love life. Nice art.

Guardians of the Galaxy #2: The team is gelling, and Vance Astro (the elder) comes back around again. This issue is about twice as good as the first one. Let's hope it continues this way and that Warlock and Starlord get some character back.

Incredible Hercules #118: This is my favorite issue of the past two weeks. A journey into a Jungian universe allows the God Squad to reveal their characters a bit more. Interestingly, it's the secondary characters I liked about this issue, and not so much Herc or Amadeus.

Invincible #50: This comic somehow became hugely mediocre during the last 20 issues. But I've covered that before. #50 doesn't do much to make it any better, plus Kirkman decides to pad the damn thing with a bunch of stories I couldn't care less about.

New Universal Shockfront #2: Plots develop, and Warren does to Kicker's Inc. what we all wanted to do when it first came out.

Number of the Beast #5: The story continues to develop, but in kind of a predictable way.

Secret Invasion Who Do You Trust #1: The Beast and Wonder Man story is the one that got to me. I used to love the old Avengers specifically because of their relationship. This short story comes off awkward, which makes sense, but it's awkwardness isn't all that entertaining.

The Last Defenders #4: It feels like this is completely lost. I think the next two issues might bring together the plot, but that may be me fooling myself.

Titans #3: Definitely in the running for "Can there be a worse comic than Supergirl".

Trinity #1:
Trinity #2:
Trinity #3: I'll cover these with one post. I would have been happy with 52 issues of Clark, Bruce and Diana eating dinner somewhere and just talking. However, comics are nothing without action and this team, which has been thrust together more because of their popularity with fans than any other commonality, continue to bedevil writers due to their highly disparate power levels. I prefer them on the even playing ground of the social arena, where none of them have a greater power than the other. Anyway, so far its good enough to keep buying for now.

Good Job Hercules! Woohoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home