Thursday, January 24, 2008

Best Comic is back!

So, the holidays were hard: last week was the first week I could get my comics since before Christmas. It took me a while to get through the pile, and I don't remember liking anything so much I had to post about it. The last issue of Nova was ok, though.

Countdown is down to 14, now. It has improved dramatically, in that it is all about the action now. Fighting fighting fighting. In one of the more recent issues, they had the origin of the Monarch in the back. Even the writers of that seem at a loss to understand why Captain Atom became the Monarch. It's just insane.

Mary Marvel gave up Black Adam's power in a huge anti-climactic battle. I think they've decided to sweep that episode under the carpet as she becomes one of the fighters against the Amazonian nation controlled by Darkseid.

I'm sure you all are understanding everything I say here.

This week's best comic is Blue Beetle #23. While normally it's the supporting cast that brings the excellence out in this title, this month it was all about the hero. In classic hero style, Jaime Reyes comes up with a great plan and outwits the enemy who has him completely outgunned. He is overwhelmed at the end, but the cliffhanger has me craving the next issue. Awesome job.

Congrats to Blue Beetle!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home