Thursday, February 07, 2008

Best Comic!

This week was pretty light. It was good, too! Well, except for Countdown, which went back to the Amazons and lost my interest almost immediately. Sigh. I guess the lesson here is that you can't go wrong with a world-wide war where superbeings are pummeling the heck out of one another.

Since the number of comics this week were so few, I'm going to do an extra-special two-sentence review of each.

Atom #20: Ending a mini-arc, the Atom proves to be more than a match for a Black Orchid (a plant that has laid even Superman low for weeks) and we find his secret enemy is Chronos. The characters here are still well developed, but this issue wasn't quite as good as I'm used to in this title.

Annihilation Conquest #4: I had given up hope on this series, but it's coming back as we deal with the deaths from the previous issue. Rocket Racoon and Groot only have a few panels in this book, but they are the best part, by far.

Clan Destine #1: Since the week was light, I decided to give in to my nostalgia and buy the first issue of a reawakening of a series I used to buy quite some time ago. It was as mediocre as I remember, unfortunately.

JSA #12: The winner of the best comic of the week award, this issue introduced a couple of new characters, including the new Amazing-Man, who comes off really cool. The tie-in with Kingdom Come gets closer as we hear the name "Gog". While the issue suffers from too many cuts to too many characters, all the scenes come off shiny and cool. Good job Geoff Johns!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home